Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Resurrection of The Cycle

I know some of you reading this blog is wondering what is The Cycle. I also know that some of you reading this might be a little pissed that I'm calling the blog The Cycle. The Cycle was the name of the sports talk show that was on Seton Hall's Pirate TV, which I was an analyst. Now that I have graduated, and for the fact that I don't believe The Cycle is still airing, I decided to bring back the name for my first regular blog.

The purpose of this blog is to articulate my thoughts on the goings on with sports and more. Hopefully, I won't write too much like Bill Simmons, since he's almost certainly going to influence my writing in some way, shape or form. Next time I post, it will be a review of the first weekend of March Madness, for my first one, here's some background on my fandom.

As you can tell from the picture, I'm a Giants fan. That's from the Super Bowl parade, the second time I was there for a celebration of my team's championship. The first time was in 1994, when the Rangers ended their 54 year curse. I've also grown up a Yankees and Knicks fan. Thus there will be plenty of times where I blog about baseball, football, basketball and hockey, so if you hate any of these sports, tough luck.

I like to write about sports past as well. There may be plenty of times that I end up recalling a story about 70's NFL, 90's NBA, greatest Yankee games, etc. I also plan to make fearless predictions. Based on my Streak for the Cash record, my picks are like flipping a coin. Even though there will be a NY-slant to my blogs, I always keep an eye on what goes on elsewhere and my previews of the upcoming NBA/NHL playoffs, MLB season and NCAA second week/Final Four will reflect that.

No comments:

Post a Comment