Sunday, September 19, 2010

Week 2 Picks

I've decided to bail on the Babe of the Week segment, mainly because it doesn't bring in enough traffic and it just seems forced on my part. Today, it's just the Week 2 picks and a little commentary about the games. Here they are (Home team in CAPS):


Kansas City (+3) over CLEVELAND- I loved what I saw from the Chiefs last Monday night. I know it's a short week, but I'll take their playmakers before I lay points with Jake Delhomme. Learned my lesson from a week ago. Seneca Wallace doesn't change the equation if he plays.

GREEN BAY (-14) over Buffalo- Let's put it this way Packers, if you don't cover this game against the Bills, you probably aren't the Super Bowl contender we think you are (barring an Aaron Rodgers injury)

Baltimore (-3) over CINCINNATI- Interesting matchup, but if the Pats defense can make the Bengals look bad, try playing the Ravens. Cincy's only chance is if they can throw the ball down the field. I say they can't.

Pittsburgh (+6) over TENNESSEE- Before we say that the Titans are very good, they need to beat a defense better than the Raiders. I think the Steelers qualify. Should be a close one.

DETROIT (+7) over Philadelphia- Still don't know what to make of either team. Especially with Shaun Hill at QB. Can Michael Vick play like his 02-04 self or the inconsistent 05-06 version? I'm taking the points here and the crowd (sellout for the game).

DALLAS (-7.5) over Chicago- Everything that was said about the Packers, goes double for the Cowboys. Especially after the awful performance last week. The Bears should be someone the Cowboys can beat easily.
CAROLINA (-3.5) over Tampa Bay- Can't take the Bucs on the road, besides, the Panthers end up with 7 or 8 victories in bad seasons.
ATLANTA (-7) over Arizona- The Cardinals should of lost to the Rams. Derek Anderson is too inconsistent. I'll chalk up the Falcons lack of success last week to the Steelers defense. In the dome, Ryan and Turner will play better.

MINNESOTA (-6) over Miami- Home debut for Favre and Co. and I think they come through with a good game today. Miami didn't look good enough last week to make me think they beat the Vikings.
St. Louis (+3.5) over OAKLAND- The Rams were close last week, now they get the Raiders who were awful. Yes, it's a road game, but I think Steven Jackson has a bigger game and the Raiders lose because they think they'll win.

DENVER (-3.5) over Seattle- If the venue was reverse, so would the pick. Show me you can win on the road, Carroll and Seattle. Especially in Denver, where the Broncos always do well.

Houston (-3) over WASHINGTON- This is another game were you want some to show Week 1 wasn't a fluke. That means the Texans take care of business against a team who received a gift win, or they aren't to be picked all year.

SAN DIEGO (-7) over Jacksonville- Now let's see the Chargers at home (and not on national TV) and the Jags on the road (though, home-field advantage to them means nothing anyway). Besides, Chargers need to fool with us a little so we still think they're good.

New England (-3) over JETS- I thought the Pats played the best last week in their domination of the Bengals (forget the garbage points). I thought the Jets offense was the worst last week and to expect better after a short week is tough. Add the secondary's problems and Revis' hamstring slowing him down, the Pats will win.

INDIANAPOLIS (-5.5) over Giants- Sorry to say, but the Colts need this game, especially if the Texans win. If they lose, then they could be in trouble. I have to allow them to right the ship, even if it means picking against my favorite team.

New Orleans (-6) over SAN FRANCISCO- Someone will get the Saints, but not the Niners. They have too much to clean up to compete with the Saints, even at home. Alex Smith still sucks and I would look to get Vick if he plays well. Save your energy on the Giants pennant chase, Niner fans.

Season Record: 9-5-2

No comments:

Post a Comment