Saturday, December 12, 2009

Babe of the Week and Week 14 Picks


I know I'm not the biggest fan of the Florida Gators, but since they lost last week, I figured I throw them a bone a make Erin Andrews as the Babe of the Week. Of course, I don't have to have a reason to make her as the Babe, it's pretty obvious. Anyway, here are my Week 14 (and thankfully no college) picks. Home team in CAPS.

INDIANAPOLIS (-7) over Denver- Someone will end the Colts unbeaten streak, mainly because they won't play for it. However, it won't be the Broncos as the Colts win home-field advantage.
Cincinnati (+6.5) over MINNESOTA- The Bengals have yet to lose as an underdog this year outright. I certainly believe they can keep it close with the Vikings as well.
TAMPA BAY (+3) over Jets- I need to be proven wrong that these aren't the same old Jets and this game is one the old Jets would lose. Yes, I know I'm backing Josh Freeman, but he can't be that bad, can he?
KANSAS CITY (+1) over Buffalo- I have nothing to add here, both teams are bad, worst game of the week.
Green Bay (-4) over CHICAGO- I'd be more worried about the Bears if I had any confidence that Jay Cutler could win this game. Or the Bears defense.
New Orleans (-10) over ATLANTA- Did you see the Falcons last week? I don't care if they will play more motivated against the Saints, Chris Redman isn't beating them.
Detroit (+13.5) over BALTIMORE- The Ravens should win, but Joe Flacco is struggling and the Lions will hang around in this one.
Miami (+3) over JACKSONVILLE- I still don't think the Jaguars are any good, aside from Maurice Jones-Drew. The Dolphins should take advantage of the lack of home-field and win.
Carolina (+13) over NEW ENGLAND- If it snows during this game, it automatically switches to the Pats, because they won't lose. I just think Matt Moore won't kill the Panthers here and the Pats aren't that good.
HOUSTON (-6.5) over Seattle- I never like picking the Seahawks away from home, even if they're playing the Dead Team Walking Texans. If Houston doesn't win tomorrow, they won't win again in 2009.
TENNESSEE (-13) over St. Louis- Small bump last week for the Titans; I don't see them lose to the Rams as Chris Johnson closes in on 2,000 yards.
Washington (-1) over OAKLAND- Another bad game, which after the big win for the Raiders last week, probably don't show up this week against a game Redskins team.
San Diego (+3) over DALLAS- The December swoon continues as the Cowboys won't beat the team who the Colts fear the most. Then, the Wade Phillips Watch begins.
Philadelphia (+1) over GIANTS- The G-Men need to win this one before I'm officially sucked back in on this team, plus the Eagles matchup well with them.
SAN FRANCISCO (+3.5) over Arizona- Yes, the Cardinals are a very good team, but wouldn't it be just like them to lose this game, not clinch and throw everyone off their scent.

NFL Record: 95-96-2

No comments:

Post a Comment