Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas and Week 16 Picks


Merry Christmas to my fellow Cyclists (working nickname for my loyal followers, anyone who has a better one should shoot it to me). Since everyone watching ABC/ESPN's NBA quintuple-header has seen a lot of Mariah Carey, and her Christmas song is one of the best, she is our Babe of the Week. I know I haven't been writing as of late, just to let you know, I'm not becoming another Bill Simmons; it's that this week is too stressful in retail and I lose the time to write. Here's a guarantee for next week; I will have my review of the 2000's and fearless predictions for the '10's, along with Week 17 picks. For now, let's have Week 16 picks and once again, a chance for me to turn around a picking slump I'm enduring. Home team in CAPS.

TENNESSEE (-2) over San Diego- The Titans will be the best team to miss the playoffs, but as long as they think they're still in it, they'll keep winning, plus the Chargers are about set as the two seed. (Update: I really hate football when I get picks wrong)
GREEN BAY (-14) over Seattle- So the Packers have a chance to clinch a playoff spot and they have to beat a Seahawks team who just lost to the Bucs at home in Lambeau Field. I think that's possible.
CLEVELAND (-3) over Oakland- It looks like Charlie Frye emotional return to Cleveland will commence as he was cleared to play. Don't expect the Raiders to show up.
Kansas City (+13.5) over CINCINNATI- Bengals should win this game, but they're not good enough to blowout their opponent, home or away.
ATLANTA (-9) over Buffalo- With Matt Ryan back and the Falcons showing they aren't just playing out the string, they should handle the Bills at home.
MIAMI (-3) over Houston- Elimination game in the AFC playoff race; the thing to remember, the Texans are playing a big game and they don't show up for big games.
Carolina (+7) over GIANTS- The Giants had an easy time with the Redskins; the Panthers will be much tougher, especially without Turnover Delhomme playing at QB.
NEW ORLEANS (-14) over Tampa Bay- If the Saints were still unbeaten, I'd go the other way. Add a Bucs win last week and I think the Saints romp as they clinch home-field in the NFC.
Jacksonville (+8) over NEW ENGLAND- Another week which the Pats struggle against a good team in the Jags. They should win to clinch the AFC East, though.
Baltimore (+3) over PITTSBURGH- The Steelers needed a miracle to beat the Packers last week, while the Ravens confidence is riding high the past two weeks. Yes, the Bears and Lions suck, but the Ravens end the Steelers season like they did last year.
St. Louis (+14) over ARIZONA- The Cards prepare for the playoffs by taking the next two weeks off. Plus, we have to see the Rams play well under Spags by now, right?
Detroit (+13) over SAN FRANCISCO- Not sure how the Niners approach this game now that they were eliminated, while the Lions finally last week showed they can play in a tight game.
Jets (+5.5) over INDIANAPOLIS- I'm done giving points with unbeatens. I don't know if the Colts play 60 minutes, while I know the Jets can play enough defense to stay close, plus a playoff berth is on the line.
PHILADELPHIA (-7) over Denver- In an actual emotional return, I still think the Eagles knock off Brian Dawkins and the Broncos. I can't see the Broncos suck it up this week, and hope they can win against the Chiefs next week.
WASHINGTON (+7) over Dallas- The lone home dog this week deserves it after the pathetic display against the Giants Monday night. So naturally, they should play a tough one with the Cowboys.
Minnesota (-7) over CHICAGO- Once again, it's time to take advantage of Jay Cutler, only a couple weeks to do so. The Vikings have to win this game because the Eagles are right on their heels and to cool off doubts on further Favre/Childress unrest.


NFL Record: 111-110-3

No comments:

Post a Comment