Saturday, October 15, 2011

Tiffany's Week 5 Recap and Week 6 Picks

We begin this weekend slate with some news. The lovely Tiffany will be making her second appearance on Boomer and Carton on Friday, October 28th. You can listen on WFAN, or if you're in NYC, but get MSG, you can watch it there. Even though I can't stand the show, I'll be sure to watch for her song and I hope you all do as well. In the mean time, here's her song for Week 5.




Now we move on to Week 6 after another chaotic week of football. Especially if you're a fan of the Eagles or the Jets. And the theme I would say for the week is how many unexpectedly great matchups are on tap for this weekend. Here's the picks (home team is in CAPS).


GREEN BAY (-15) over St. Louis: We know this team from St. Louis will lose in Wisconsin on Sunday, the question is will the other one do so. If not, the Cards are in the World Series.

PITTSBURGH (-13) over Jacksonville: A team that's tailor made for the Steelers defense. Overplay on the run and force Blaine Gabbert to beat you.

Philadelphia (-3) over WASHINGTON: I can't believe the Eagles are still getting points. Still, enough is enough, right? (I really hope the answer is no)

San Francisco (+4.5) over DETROIT: Who'd thought that this is the game of the day? Short week for the Lions, and the Niners I think are overlooked.

Carolina (+4) over ATLANTA: I will never pick against Cam Newton. I will never pick against Cam Newton. I will never pick against Cam Newton. I will never pick against Cam Newton

Indianapolis (+7) over CINCINNATI: Despite the 3-2 record, no one in Cincy believes in the Bengals. Could be a game for the Colts to sneak in here, or at least cover.

Buffalo (+3) over GIANTS: I can't depend on that Giants defense to stop either Fred Jackson or Ryan Fitzpatrick. Plus, the Bills convert on fluky turnovers, something the Giants are experts at committing.

BALTIMORE (-8) over Houston: No Andre Johnson. No Mario Williams. And now the Texans are on the road against the best team in the AFC. Yeah, you read that right.

OAKLAND (-7) over Cleveland: Wrong week for the Browns to show up in the Black Hole. I expect (not to mention need) Darren McFadden to bounce back big time this week.

Dallas (+7) over NEW ENGLAND: I don't know if the Cowboys will win, but I think they keep it close in a high-scoring game in Foxboro.

New Orleans (-5) over TAMPA BAY: I might as well go ahead and rip up my "Bucs to win NFC" wager. This is what happens when you bet in March.

Minnesota (+3) over CHICAGO: This could be the week Jay Cutler gets killed (something I think every single NFL column/blog has said this week). Can't we flex this game out for SF/Det? At least this means we can focus on baseball.

JETS (-7) over Miami: Matt Moore is the Dolphins QB. Brandon Marshall said he's going to get thrown out. No reason for the Jets to be close, let alone lose. If they do, the stories this week about the Jets in trouble will be a picnic for the one you'll see next week.

Last week: 6-7
Season Record: 39-36-2

No comments:

Post a Comment